Please click here to download pdf version
CHD 1660 CLUB CLASS RULES 2016/2017 (Version: Web1)
Please note that only the exceptions from the rules according to MSA are noted.
If not mentioned the MSA rules will be applicable.
In interpreting regulations and specifications “what is not specifically permitted is disallowed”. You may only do something if the rules say you may.
Visiting drivers – race within CHD rules for points & trophy if the car adhere to the club rules.
CHD club drivers will be re-scored after the event to exclude the visiting drivers from the club points. E.g. Visiting driver won race 1 and CHD driver was 2nd. With the re-scoring the CHD driver that came 2nd will be re-scored to 1st.
Minimum weight is 800kg (including driver)
Tyres sizes: 13” to 15” – 195 or 205. Local over the counter available to the public at all times.
Sumitomo Htr50z, Dunlop sp7000 D Pattern, 7000 star-pattern or Dunlop LM 704 205 50/15 – (15”)
Federal 22-595, Falken ZE-912 or Nankang XR-611 – (13”)
(HDR50 – not allowed)
No road semi-slicks allowed
Maximum tyres: 8
STRIPPING OF CARS
1. The mandate was given to the Committee to strip the cars
2. The COC and Chief Scrutineer will decide which car(s) must be stripped
3. The Chief Scrutineer can and will inform the driver at any time during the event which cars will be stripped.
4. Cars can be stripped on the night or parked in a garage at Killarney and stripped at a later date
5. Driver and pitmac’s will be responsible to strip the car and the technical rep will be present
6. Cost for the driver.
1. All motors are allowed to use a ARP type bolt, but the diameter must be the same as standard bolt
2. Refer to CR 16 and SSS 10.
3. 100% Full throttle operation.
1. Max of 120Kw (on flywheel)
2. Dyno TBA by committee.
1. Any gearbox & diff is allowed in any car as long as the spares & gearbox is locally available over the counter & not Motorsport spares
2. Not allowed to alter the gears of the original gearbox
3. Not allowed to make special gears to create a ratio
SCOOP / AIR INLET ON BONNET
Maximum size 35 x 500 (up or down)
1. All cars need to adhear to safety regulations. If not, car will not be allowed to race. No exceptions.
2. Sump, gearbox and diff plug are to be wired and all vehicles will have a drip tray fitted underneath the engine.
Maximum – 105 dBA
FRONT WHEEL DRIVES
Cut out of tail lamp panel allowed.
Bonnet may be altered to fit Nascar type lip
CRITERIA FOR CHAMPIONSHIP
At least 6 cars are required at event to qualify for club championship points, however should not more than 40% of the events in the season have less than 6 cars entered, those events will still count as long as there is an average entry of at least 6 cars throughout the season.
In the event that this does not occur, the event with the fewest entries will be removed from the seasons scoring, and the average entries recalculated to try and obtain the average of more than 6 entries for season.
Should there still be an average of less than six cars for the season the class will not qualify for club championships status.
The committee or the technical rep are responsible for pulling of cars for checking – no driver can protest against another driver’s car.